ALL SUMMER LONG BREAKS NEW GROUND IN THE REALITY TELEVISION GENRE
• Original Christian content - All Summer Longis the first Christian reality program that highlights the Christian summer camp experience and a sketch comedy team that performs, serves, and mentors campers.
• Storytelling - The All Summer Long team is committed to telling rich, engaging, and topical stories that relate directly to the millennial and younger generations. Giving a platform for a sketch comedy team opens the doors to explore elements that promote a Christian worldview to an often resistant audience.
• Life outside of the television screen - All Summer Long will have a strong presence on social media, comedy tours, and merchandising. Options help spread the word and give lasting power to this program for years to come.
FAITH-BASED PROGRAM WORTHY TO DVR
• Stylish and sleek aesthetic - ASL seeks to be a trend setter. Our team understands the importance of storytelling but we do not forget the appetite of our young audience who is more willing to accept a message if the product is packaged correctly.
• Unpredictable - Part of the reason the audience will keep returning week after week is for the team members. Sketch comedians are use to thinking on the spot , creating a funny moment out of the most mundane situation, and are some of the most unpredictable people you will ever meet.
• Unflinching view toward issues dealing with faith - If its true we live in a post-Christian America how does faith work itself out in the early 2010's? Essentially every team member is a missionary, trained in counseling and relational ministry. Part of the camp experience will be those deep spiritual moments of breakthroughs and breakdowns that will be captured throughout the season.
MAKE SUMMER LAST ALL YEAR
• Camp life - For those who have never experienced or those who will be re-living those unforgettable moments, summer camp is an undeniably life changing event. Every camp has a different culture and set of obstacles that will be discovered in each episode. From food fights to games of Ultimate Squid (off-shoot of ultimate frisbee) each day brings a new adventure.
• Forever young - Young people are the life blood of summer camps. What makes camp life so distinct is how it takes the normal suburban/urban teenager out of his/her element. Walls of resistance are broken down and for a moment young people are free to be a kid again without judgement.
• Go experience life outside the walls - After experiencing a season of ASL you won't be able to help yourself resist putting on your hiking boots and experience the great outdoors. All Summer Long will challenge you to seek your own "mountain-top" experience.
A COMMITMENT TO A CHRISTIAN WORLDVIEW
• Embrace a Christian worldview - Think of this television show as a behind-the-scenes on how a ministry is run. It will be at times funny and light hearted and other times raw and confrontational but always rooted in a Christian worldview.
• Seek clarity over agreement - The show will cover issues that many may view as controversial, whenever you are dealing with issues that deal with religion, its bound to happen. We are more concerned with understanding the other party than winning the argument. ASL will be a message heavy show but will be presented in a way that seeks to bring clarity rather than bashing the viewer over the head with a specific agenda.
• Soul care - Watch every week as each team member matures in their walk with the Lord. Servant leadership is never easy and often times opens ones life to teachable moments. All of the team members come from different levels of spiritual maturity and by the end of the season you will find them leaving refined.
HOW WE WANT TO REWARD YOU
We've put together some awesome rewards as our way of saying, 'Thanks!" for your support.
• ASL Tee and Personalized Post Card
• Copy of the Pilot, Never Seen Clips
• Personalized videos, improvisations
• Meet Cast & Crew, Be on the Show
• MUCH, MUCH More...
***Check out the list to the left for all the goods!!
****If you need a tax receipt feel free to email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Q & A -
What inspired you to do this?
Because I love sketch comedy and Jesus. I experienced the perfect blending of the two when I participated in the camp ministry teams at my alma mater Vanguard University. I know what I encountered during that summer in 2003 would translate to a great reality show.
Why is it important now?
What informs our morals and worldview in our country? Overwhelmingly it would be the media, the media world shapes culture and what we view is right or wrong. It's important that we allow conversations of spirituality, morality, good and evil to be discussed in the public arena. Part of the way to spur those conversations is creating content that meets the appetite of today's generation. Our goal is to create modern day parables that are worthy of an audience and thus provokes them to seek a deeper truth ultimately in Jesus Christ.
What's the craziest thing you've seen at a summer camp?
A camper eating a piece of squid. The recreation director had the campers play a game of ultimate frisbee but he took out the Frisbee and replaced it with a squid. After the game was done a young person approached me and begged me to give him "spirit points" if he ate the piece of squid. He was going to do it if I said no anyway so he gathered a group of his peers and in front of me swallowed it whole. I have pictures to prove this.
Is my donation really tax deductible?
Yes. State of the Art Productions is a 501c3 non-profit organization registered with the IRS. If you need a tax receipt feel free to email me directly at email@example.com
Blessing for radio appearance
Today I had the pleasure of being a guest on a nationally syndicated radio program called “The Hugh Hewitt Show” part of the Salem broadcasting family of hosts. The whole hour we discussed All Summer Long as part of “the new entrepreneurs hour”. It such a blessing and my prayer is that what said would impact and open hearts of those who are interested in supporting the mission of this show which at its heart is about mentoring young people to follow after Jesus Christ.
Promoting this project just got more exciting! Sign up to receive a unique referral link which you can share with all your friends in exchange for great perks. Get your unique referral link
Note: please review the referral perks section of the campaign to learn how you can become eligible to win something.
Post your prayer for this project
about 2 years ago
I pray the Lord continues to open doors for this project and that other’s come to know Jesus through this creative idea. May those doors lead to the funding you need, the people you need to meet and the people that need to meet you. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
All Summer Long Flyer
Posted about 2 years ago
0 of 30 pledges have been made for this volunteer request
Dollar for Dollar Promotional Video
almost 2 years ago
ASL Faithlauncher.com Video Update #6
almost 2 years ago
ASL Faithlauncher.com Video Update #5
almost 2 years ago
ASL Faithlauncher.com Update Videos Presents: Thanks for the memories... A retrospective
Receive "A chicken defense and other sketches to live by" written by Tim Larson and Co-creator Edward Portillo. Some of the sketches in this book were used in the pilot episode, plus what is mentioned above.
Invitation to "Improv at the beach" with the sketch comedy team from All Summer Long and bonfire in Huntington Beach, California. If you are not in the Southern California area our team will provide a personalized video with highlights from the night. (travel,food and lodging not included)
VIP SPECIAL: Not only will you receive all that is above but you will get a personalized video invitation from one of the cast members to our VIP launch party in Los Angeles (travel & lodging not included).
Be a crew member of the day. You will participate in the pre, production, or post production process of All Summer Long season 2. You will be able to choose which crew member you would like to spend the day with getting the behind the scenes scoop on how ASL is made. US travel included lodging not included.
Attend the intimate pre-party with our advisors and influencer network, as well as the VIP launch party. One night at a 3-star hotel or above Los Angeles Hotel included, as well as a half hour call with All Summer Long creators Michael & Edward Portillo.
Be a camper for a day! You and a family member will be flown to a destination where the cast and crew will be shooting season 2. You will participate in the day's events as a camper on an episode that will air at a later date. Lodging and US travel included